Thursday, November 6, 2008

My daughter, my little stranger.

So my wife is due to deliver our first born which is going to be a little baby girl according to doctors tests. Having no preference I was excited and shocked when they announced that we were having a girl. Also a little nervous because of the fact that I feel I will need to be more of a protector than with a boy, but excitement is what I am feeling.

It hits me as we are drawing near to the due date that I am about to meet a perfect stranger. In just a few short weeks I will meet a little person whom I have never been introduced to. My first introduction to this little person will be at the exact same moment she takes her first breath of this air that I breathe here on the planet that I call home. She has never been to this planet that I take for granted, her first moment on planet earth, USA, Indiana, and I will be there to greet her. She is a little stranger that God has given to me and she will call me Dad, a name that I have never been called. This little stranger that I have never seen will be so new to me and in the same moment seem so familiar because there will be traits in her that I will recognize from before. Will she have my goofy laugh, will she smile like my wife whom she has not met but she will look a lot a like. What a moment this will be when for the first time ever we will meet because God has granted me the opportunity to be called Dad. God has so kindly smiled upon me and will be intrusting me with a little stranger that he has created. A little stranger that will take her first breathe in this world she does not know and at that moment I will lover her instantly. In this life my wife and I have dated, been engaged, married, and grown to love each other more each day. The longer we are married the more our love has grown and will grow, but this has happened over time. Amazing enough this little stranger that will be entering the world on this special appointment God has set for us called "the deliver date" and I will love her like I have never loved someone before. In the blink of an eye, the tick of a second on the clock in the deliver room, in that instant I will be filled with the deepest of love for a little stranger I have never seen before. It is at that moment when sheh takes her first breathe of her life and she will know me as Dad and I will call her "my daughter."
Can't wait to meet you little one.
With Love,
Soon to be called Dad


No comments: